Cornhole Rules: Become a Master of the Game in No Time !
Cornhole is much more than just a game of corn bags; it's a true summer staple, capable of bringing players of all ages together for a moment of pure enjoyment. So, get ready to dive into this playful world and master Cornhole in the blink of an eye.
What is Cornhole ?
Cornhole is a game that requires precision and skill. It's typically played outdoors but can also be enjoyed indoors. You can play with 2 or 4 players depending on your preference. Players compete by tossing bags filled with corn onto wooden boards, aiming to land them in a hole at the center of the opposing board. It's a fun and entertaining game, perfect for the upcoming summer.
The basic rules of the corn game
Now, let's go over the basic rules of Cornhole:
- Players stand at a predetermined distance from the boards, typically between 6 and 8 meters. The boards are set up facing each other with a large gap between them.
- Players take turns tossing their bags towards the opposing board, aiming to land them in the hole or on the surface of the board.
- Points are scored based on where the bags land. Bags that remain on the board are worth a certain number of points, while those that land in the hole are worth more.
3 tips for playing
- Practice regularly to improve your accuracy and coordination.
- Adopt a strategy based on the game situation and your opponents' moves.
- Stay focused and keep your cool, even in the most intense moments of the game.
Cornhole at Stella
Stella Cornhole is the ideal choice for outdoor game enthusiasts seeking both quality and aesthetics. Made in France, you can be assured of its reliability and durability. Additionally, Stella Cornhole can be matched with your Stella outdoor foosball table, creating a harmonious and elegant set for your outdoor entertainment moments. It's like a symphony of outdoor games !
The equipment needed to play Cornhole.
To play Cornhole, you will need the following items:
- Two high-quality wooden boards, ideally weather-resistant for outdoor use, typically of standardized dimensions, with a circular hole in the center.
- Cornhole bags, each player should have four bags, filled with corn or resin pellets, usually of different colors to differentiate teams.
To understand the scoring system :
- 3 points: A bag that passes through the hole.
- 1 point: A bag that lands on the board's surface.
- 1 point: A bag that hangs in the hole.
- 1 point: A bag that hangs off the edge but does not touch the ground.
- 0 points: A bag that rests both on the playing surface and on the ground.
- 0 points: A bag that hangs off the edge before and rests on a Cornhole bag placed on the ground, unless the bag placed on the ground can be removed without causing the hanging bag to fall, in which case 1 point is awarded.
After tallying up the points...
The team or player with the higher score at the end of the round adds the difference between the two scores to their total score.
For example, if Marie scores 3 points and Théo scores 6, the round ends with a score of +3 points for Théo.
After winning the round, you become the game master, and you have the honor of throwing first in the next round.
If the score is tied at the end of the round, you go for another round to maintain the suspense !
Determination of the winner
Finally, let's talk about the long-awaited moment: determining the winner! The first player or team to reach a predetermined number of points, usually 21, wins the game. A team typically needs to have a two-point lead over the opponent to be declared the winner.
Let's talk about fouls. We're not here to stress out, but there are still rules to follow. A foul is called in the following cases:
When a cornhole player's foot crosses the foot fault line, known as a foot foul.
If a player throws a bag before their opponent has finished throwing all their bags. No rushing, take your time!
In the event of a foul, the player's throw is canceled as soon as the foul is called, and the bag must be removed if it has landed on the playing surface.
Cornhole offers great flexibility in terms of rules and variations. You can adjust the throwing distance, the number of points required to win, or even introduce special rules to spice up the game.
In this variation, the goal is not to score the most points but to determine who can throw the farthest. Players throw a bag onto the board from a normal distance, and whoever misses is eliminated. After each round, the throwing distance is increased by one meter. The player remaining after all others have been eliminated is declared the winner.
This variant is very popular as it adds an extra dynamic. The aim is to reach exactly 21 points, if you exceed this number, your score resets to 15.
This additional rule adds a fun twist to Cornhole games.
In this variant, there is no set turn, and players throw bags as quickly as possible. The first player to reach 21 points wins the game.
If a player moves an opponent's bag while gathering bags, their team earns an additional point.